Marney's next course is scheduled to begin mid-late September, 2019.
Contact Marney if interested.
In September 2014, I launched an 8-week online course on Floral Watercolours. I no longer offer the full interactive course; but I do offer the audit version of the course, which costs $150 Canadian. Though it fluctuates, that is usually significantly less than $150 US.
The topics covered in the course are:
Working from Photographs; Composition; Colour; Values; Edges; Negative Painting; Textures and Special Effects; The Water Cycle and Critiquing your own work.
The materials I will supply at each lesson are:
1. A covering email with links to a DropBox file that contains:
2. One or more pdf handouts on the topic of the lesson, such as photographing flowers for painting, composition, values, etc.
3. An image of a painting of mine in various stages of progress, starting with the drawing and ending with the finished painting, and a commentary to go with each image.
4. Weekly images of the developing work of 5 previous students, including a critique of each student's progress (or for lesson one of their reference photos)
5. With 5 lessons, a link to a video on You Tube of me demonstrating a particular technique, such as negative painting or special effects. These are not professional videos but students from previous courses found them very helpful.
I will send each week’s material on Wednesday. There is no experience necessary to audit the course. Artists with very busy schedules enjoy the audit course as they are not required to submit their own work each week and can advance at their own pace. They do get to follow weekly critiques of previous student's work, as we can learn a lot from other artist’s strengths and also issues they may be dealing with. I also include a list of general points dealing with the most common issues the students are facing each lesson.
I will keep a wait-list of interested students; contact me via the Contact page to add your name or ask any questions. The course is conducted in English. I have had students from Canada, USA, Europe (England, Scotland, Ireland, Belgium, Germany, Norway, Latvia and Russia), Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Myanmar, Saudi Arabia and Hong Kong. Please see theTestimonials page for some comments from students of earlier courses.
The audit course is $150 and is open to all artists. Just contact me and I will add you to my list, and be in touch with you again when organizing the next course. Please do not pay until you have been notified by me that you can do so. Once I have confirmed the start date of the course, and emailed you to confirm your place in it, you can pay via the PayPal button below.
Please DO NOT pay until confirmed by Marney.
© 2019 Marney Ward - Artist. All rights reserved.